Migrating Jira internal Users to Microsoft Active Directory with same usernames; all issues are no longer mapped to AD users

cercanbrack July 15, 2016

I have been using Jira Clould with a internal directory.  I am migrating to Jira Server 7.1.8 and want to move to using our AD for user.   I backup the Jira Cloud and restore to my new Jira server.  Then I configure the Microsoft Active Directory connect which pulls in all the users.  The usernames from the internal directory are the same as the usernames in active directory.  If I keep the internal directory at the top of the list, I can see all the issues for the users.  If I move the the active directory to the top, I don't see any of the issues anymore.  I assume it is because the AD users are really new users with different IDs.  Is it possible to map all the issues to the new AD users?

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2016

How about the groups? Are the groups also same? And are imported from AD?

Most of your permissions might be using groups and you won't see the issues unless the users are in those groups. Just a guess!

cercanbrack July 15, 2016

Awesome.  That did the trick. 

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2016

Cool!

Suggest an answer