Migrating Jira cloud instance to on-premise instance

Nandeesh M S October 5, 2014

Hi,

How to migrate JIRA cloud instance to on-premise instance. We need to migrate cloud instance to my production instance(unlimited users). Please help.

Regards,

Nandeesh M S

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2014

I'm sure you'll be very surprised to hear that the top result on search engines is the standard documentation from Atlassian's site.  https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Migrating+from+JIRA+Cloud+to+JIRA+Server

Hi Nic, In this they have documented migration of cloud instance with new instance. i want to migrate cloud instance with existing instance.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2014

That is not what your question was about. You asked about migrating from Cloud to Server, and that my answer is correct for that. Your *new* question is about *merging* two Jira instances, which is a totally different thing. The broad overview of that is: * Migrate your data off Cloud and on to a temporary development system, as per the instructions for migration. You need to make sure that the development system is the same version of Jira as your target system * Export an xml backup from that system * Import the project(s) you need into the production system, using "project import" There are other routes, but we can't really advise you on them without more detail on what you really mean by "migrate" (because it's not migration, it's probably merging)

Yes Nic, you are right, Its merging. So with above 3 steps can we merge cloud instance with existing instance.?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2014

Yes, that's why I wrote them. You will of course, have to think about how you get all the configuration across for the projects you are bringing in from Cloud, the project import only brings in the issues.

Suggest an answer