Migrating Jira and Confluence from Solaris10 to RHEL5

Zach Newman January 8, 2013

I am planning on migrating my current Jira and Confluence instances from Solaris 10 zones on to Linux (Redhat 5) virtual machines. Should I expect any issues if following https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Migrating+Confluence+Between+Servers? Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Giuliano C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2013

Hi there,

You don't have to mind about the migration of Confluence between server with your environment. The only things that really matter to Confluence, which could experience error with some kind of migrations is the data located on Confluence home folder and the Database. But, none of them will be affected by the OS.

E.g. If you import all your content from Linux to Windows, there's will be no problems on it as well

Hope it helps you!

Regards,

Giuliano

0 votes
mattbeasley March 26, 2014

Hey... I'm about to the same thing. I have 3 Solaris servers with Jira, Confluence and Fisheye/Crucible each installed on one of the servers. I'm going to migrate them to 3 RHEL servers. I am going to change the DNS entries to point to the new servers and follow the guides mentioned above. I do not see anything about having to change the Application Links. Will there be any issue with that? Each of the Application Links was set up with the DNS alias and not the physical server name.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2013

Suggest an answer