Migrating JIRA from ondemand 6.2 ( 6253 ) to local 6.2 ( 6252 )

nikhil bhandare March 12, 2014

I imported the data and get the below error. I tried to get the latest JIRA but it looks like the ondemand version is ahead by a build. What are my options here ?

Failed to start JIRA due to a build number inconsistency.

Database version is: 6253

JIRA app version is: 6252

I looked up the entities.xml in the ondemand zip file which is referecing the build #6253. Is it possible/safe to update this to 6252 and then re-import ?

4 answers

1 vote
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2014

It suppose to not give a problem to restore an XML backup from OnDemand to Download version for the migration, referring to the version matrix stated in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Migrating+from+JIRA+OnDemand+to+a+JIRA+Installed+Site

However, yes you may try in updating the build number directly in the entities.xml then restore the XML backup again.

0 votes
nikhil bhandare March 24, 2014

6.2.1 was available with build #6256, so I downloaded and installed it. Imported the ondemenad without any errors. And now have this issue - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-37574. Unable to login after importing from ondemand. The workaround mentioned here is to go back to 6.2. But I cannot since my ondemand build# is newer than 6.2 :(

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2014

For sure, you'll not be able to import backup from an older build.

It should be safe to upgrade and then you should be able to import.

0 votes
nikhil bhandare March 13, 2014

I looked up the entities.xml in the ondemand zip file which is referecing the build #6253. Is it possible/safe to update this to 6252 and then re-import ?

Suggest an answer