Migrating Datbase

Brian Brandon October 24, 2013

Hello,

I'm attempting to migrate from the demo database to MSSQL 2008R2. The issue occured on Jira 5.2 so I upgraded to Jira 6.1 successfully, but I get this same error trying while attempting to import XML File:

Unexpected error occurred during import: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericEntityException: while inserting: [GenericEntity:Group][id,10143][groupName,Help Desk][description,Members of this management role group can view and manage the configuration for individual recipients and view recipients in an Exchange organization. Members of this role group can only manage the configuration each user can manage on his or her own mailbox. Additional permissions can be added by assigning additional management roles to this role group.][updatedDate,2013-10-24 16:18:38.371][directoryId,10000][lowerDescription,members of this management role group can view and manage the configuration for individual recipients and view recipients in an exchange organization. members of this role group can only manage the configuration each user can manage on his or her own mailbox. additional permissions can be added by assigning additional management roles to this role group.][active,1][local,0][type,GROUP][lowerGroupName,help desk][createdDate,2013-05-10 17:34:40.655] (SQL Exception while executing the following:INSERT INTO dbo.cwd_group (ID, group_name, lower_group_name, active, local, created_date, updated_date, description, lower_description, group_type, directory_id) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) (Data truncation))

2 answers

0 votes
richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2013

From the last line of the error code, this points me to the KB by microsoft below:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/71812a34-eb57-46c0-a5f0-76357ebd2d4f/data-truncation-error-in-sql-server-2008

Which seems to be the value in one of the column has exceeded the allowed size of the column type which ends up having this error.

Enterprise level databases has strict checking mechanism to avoid database integrity or truncation problems. You might want to look into the description which I think is the main cause for this problem.

0 votes
Alex Endfinger October 24, 2013

This would be directed to the Plugin (Maybe OfBiz something idk), however, I can tell you it looks like some values were empty somehow in the insert statements. :) Hope this can help at all.

Suggest an answer