Migrating AD Group JIRA/Confluence into 2

MikeB January 26, 2017

We have recently migrated JIRA and Confluence to AWS and have our Active Directory setup in one group for both products. I am looking to split the list of users in active directory into two AD groups to make audits and removal of access easier (we utilize OKTA).

Do I need to be concerned with anything when splitting these users? I want to make sure that users have their old docs and perms available, so no end-user sees issues.

Is their an area in Atlassian tools where you will need to point it to the appropriate group?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
QuentinB
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2017

You could add user in group A or B in your AD and then

• Create a new directory configuration in your JIRA User management: AD with user in group A
  • Create a new directory configuration in your JIRA User management: AD with user in group B
  • Deactivate the AD directory initially configure in JIRA

For the 2 new directories, configure the Membership schema settings :

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/connecting-to-an-ldap-directory-828787693.html

If you encounter any issue, you just have to re-activate the initial AD Directory.
Hope this help. Regards 

Suggest an answer