Migrated to 7.1.2 and Agile is now an Application Component.

Gregory Hicks April 7, 2016

So I just upgraded to JIRA 7.1.2 and noticed that Agile has been removed from User Installed Add-ons to Application Components "These add-ons are integral parts of your JIRA application(s). They cannot be disabled or uninstalled."

It no longer lets me see the license information which doesn't seem right. Is this supposed to be this way now or is there something going on with this version of JIRA? Also I noticed that on the top Navigation it no longer says Agile but Boards.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2016

Agile is dead, long live JIRA Software!

Agile has been converted from an add-on into an application, and renamed JIRA Software.  Part of the name change was to rename the menu entry Agile into Boards, as it's a bit more useful (especially as it's now "Software")

One of the features of applications is that they are no longer licenced as add-ons, they are separate.  So the licence details are separated out.  You might just have JIRA Software licences, but you can also have "JIRA core" licences which allow more user to use JIRA, but without the Software features like boards.

Gregory Hicks April 7, 2016

So just to clarify on my end, Our JIRA license (2000 Users) will now include Agile when we update to a new license at the end of the year? Will there still be updates needed in the Manage add-on sections for it like before or will it just be updated when we go to a newer version of JIRA.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2016

No, but it's about terminology.

Under the old system, you had JIRA + Agile licences.

Under the new system, you will be converted to have JIRA Software licences (in fact, your old JIRA Agile licence will work automatically).  Those let you use Software and Core.

So, at the end of the year, you will be asked to renew for JIRA Software.  There are now options about split usage though (so you could do things like 1000 business users + 500 Software users), but it's easier to stick with "2000 Software" until you can identify a need for splitting it up.

It will be upgraded when you upgrade JIRA Software, and updates may become available in "manage applications"

Suggest an answer