Migrate users from one directony to another

Jerry Su August 9, 2017

Hello,

a.
Use the administrator to use Additional Configuration & Troubleshooting,
I want to use the function: migrate users from one directony to another
But I did not see this function, how to open?
Jira Server Version 6.4.3

b.
I Want to migrate old Active Directory User to New Active Directory Server User.
How to synchronize JIRA data,when users login after data synchronization?

3 answers

0 votes
Jerry Su August 23, 2017

Hi Branden,

I understand what you said to set up a new Delegated LDAP directory.
Has been set up two Delegated LDAP directories, one is old and one is new, use the function: migrate users from one directony to another.
When I want to migrate the old ad directory to the new ad Directory, but can not find the user.

Is this method only available on Internal Directory users and can not be used in AD directory migrate?

0 votes
Jerry Su August 10, 2017

Hi Branden,

I do not quite understand this : no valid directories to migrate from / to. has  been successfully set up two Active Directory Server, is also active state.

If not shown migrate users from one directony to anothe , because Active Directory is not set correctly?

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2017

Hi Jerry,

This option will not appear if there are no valid directories to migrate from/to.  Did you set up a new Delegated LDAP directory as per Connecting to an Internal Directory with LDAP Authentication?

Once you've done that the rest of the instructions should get you where you want to go.  If you've done that and it's still not working I would try the steps in the Migrate local group memberships between directories knowledge base article.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer