Migrate users from internal provider to LDAP

David Pratt June 28, 2012

My company has recently decided to move from Jira Studio to our own in-house installation of Jira.

I've successfully restored the jira backup to our staging instance as a proof of concept, but it contains users managed internally by jira (not surprisingly, the same as our current Studio instance). Is there a way to migrate these to LDAP users? Our LDAP server contains users for a significant subset of the users we've created in studio, and I'd like to migrate their logins to use their LDAP credentials instead of the internal Jira credentials. Is there a tool or query I can run to do this? I've successfully configured an LDAP user provider (as well, for test purposes, an internal provider with LDAP authentication) so I know that the connection works - I'd like to just be able to say The user 'foo' in the internal jira user directory is now the user 'foo' in the ldap directory and delete the old 'foo' user.

1 answer

0 votes
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2012

Hi David,

May I know which JIRA instance running in your end? I notice the feature is available in JIRA 5.0.3 as resolved by Atlassian developer. You could refer to this ticket JRA-24213 for more information.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

John Chin

Suggest an answer