I want to migrate my JIRA5 to JIRA6. I need to learn following point.
1. Is Jira 5 license work for jira6?
2. I have written custom plugins. Will they work on JIRA6.
3. I have following plugins installed in my jira will they work after migration
4. I have made some changes in JIRA core code . How they will migrate?
5. Will my data (Projects,Issues) will moved to new version?
1. Yes, if it's in date
2. Probably not. Some might. Some might work if you just recompile them. Some may need rewriting
3. Yes, with appropriate upgrades
4. They absolutely will not. You will have to go back into the code for six and re-write every change you have made. Probably from scratch as the core changes
5. Absolutely yes.
Bascially, you need to run a set of tests - test the upgrade itself, then the 3rd party plugins, then your own plugins, and finally go back over your core changes and check that each one is still needed, how it's applied and re-modify Jira 6 to match. Ideally, you should drop as many core customisations as you can...
We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs