Migrate data from trello to JIRA

NehaNagori June 6, 2017

I have a project in trello. that have different columns. I want to Migrate data from trello to JIRA. 

I tried "Trello Importer Plugin for JIM". But this plugin created project in jira with no board and no data.

One option is csv upload. But that will not work for me because it will not migrate comments in JIRA.

Can anyone help me in this?

2 answers

0 votes
John Corey July 21, 2017

I have tried this too. There is built in support, but it does not work very well. I got about 6 cards moved over. I also tried JSON expoert and import, and that just flat out failed. I don't think the support for this feature is very mature.

0 votes
CollinM June 6, 2017

Hey Neha,

Do you have an existing Agile Project in JIRA?  The External System Import > CSV  should allow you to migrate comments in JIRA. 

After selecting CSV, upload your CSV file.  Click Next, Select the project you'd like to import into.  Adjust email address and date as necessary, Click Next.  

For comments choose the JIRA field Comment Body.  In your csv file, seperate comments into their own column.  For example Comment1, Comment 2.  Match both of these fields to the Comment Body field in your JIRA import.

Make sure your CSV file has a summary field and issuetype if you have an issuetype you want to map into.

Collin

NehaNagori June 6, 2017

Hi Collin,

Can you please tell me how to download a CSV with comments from Trello? Because, in my downloaded sheet, there is no column as "comment".

CollinM June 7, 2017

Hey Neha,  

I've unfortunately never worked with Trello before.  A quick websearch however brought me to this tool.  It can be added as an extension for Chrome, and appears to pull comments as well.  

https://github.com/trapias/trelloExport

i'm not sure if your information is sensitive or not, but without seeing your CSV sheet it's a little difficult to see what's going on with it.  If it's not sensitive i'd be happy to look at it if you send it to my email address.

cpmcardle1@gmail.com

Thanks

Suggest an answer