Migrate Linux JIRA to Windows JIRA.

Amar February 7, 2020

Hi All,

Currently my organization is having two separate JIRA instances.

One is on Linux and other is on Windows.

We are planning to migrate Linux JIRA to windows server.

I am assuming Project configurator is the best option to migrate.

Please share your inputs on migration JIRA from Linux to existing windows server .

Any risk , please share :)

Regards,

Amar

1 answer

0 votes
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2020

Hi Amar,

I can confirm that Project Configurator is Operating System and Database agnostic and will support migrating between these versions as long as the versions used are ones that are supported by Atlassian for your version of Jira.

I can confirm that to learn how project configurator works I would advise reading through the Getting Started Guide in the documentation located here which contains some demo videos along with other resources to explain how the plugin works.

Also, I would advise reading through the knowledge base for the plugin located here which contains articles on the common errors that can occur during a migration.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
Kristian

Amar February 7, 2020

Hi kristian,

Thank you for your super-fast suggestion :)

We will do testing on our test instance soon.

My only confusion is will PC support linux o windows migration with same JIRA version and different database ?

Eg.

JIRA 1 - Windows with MSSQL db

JIRA 2 - Linus with Oracle db

Will project configurator migrate this two ?

Regards,

Amar

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2020

Hi Amar,

I can confirm that as long as the version of each database is one which Atlassian supports then Project Configurator will support this.

I would advise checking the Atlassian supported platforms page to make sure the database versions you will be using are supported by Atlassian.

Regards,

Kristian

Suggest an answer