Migrate Jira from Windows server into CentOS server

Erwin Manuel June 19, 2012

Hi,

We are migrating Jira from Windows Server 2008 into CentOS 6.2, Can you point me to the steps on how to do this? Same Jira versions, we are planning to perform the standard XML backup and then restore to new instance.

One of our concerns is how to migrate the file attachments. Is it straightforward like copying the attachment to the new centos server directory or there is other required steps?

Thanks in Advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2012

It is just a copy operation for the attachments. Just follow the directions in the documentation.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA050/Migrating+JIRA+to+Another+Server

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2012

There's a big question here - are you moving the database? If you aren't, then you don't actually need to bother with the XML side, it's simply "set up new server on CentOS and copy the attachments". If you are moving databases, then ignore me, I'd start with a good read of the docs Norman pointed at

Suggest an answer