Migrate Jira Server to DataCenter - Apps

Laith Ata December 8, 2020

Hello,

I want to migrate Server to DataCenter. 

"Apps extend what your team can do with Atlassian applications, so it's important to make sure that your team can still use their apps after migrating to Data Center. When you switch to Data Center, you'll be required to switch to the Data Center compatible version of your apps, if one is available. "

What I understand is, that I have to install the datacenter version app from atlassian marketplace and install every plugin again. Is that right?
And what about the licence of the apps? Do I have to buy new ones? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2020

Hi Laith,

upgrading to Data Center usually goes without any migration effort. It is rather an exchange of license keys. As soon as you put in the DC license you have a single node system ready to use.

And yes you are right, each app that has a DC version available in the marketplace also needs to be upgraded.

Apps that are only available for Server will usually work fine within a DC environment.

Laith Ata December 8, 2020

And are the apps server licence compatible with DC Jira licence? 

Like David Friedrich likes this
David Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2020

Only if there isn't a DC version of the app.

Mahesh Kallepalli June 7, 2021

@David Friedrich 

Hope you are doing well.

Currently we are using Jira Software & Jira Service management 8.8.1. We want to update Data center license. Before Updating license do we need to update all apps to latest version in our server. Once those apps are updated they are compatible with data center version ?

Regards,

Mahesh

Suggest an answer