Migrate JIRA users to GoogleApps

Hi there,

We want to integrate our JIRA OnDemand instance with GoogleApps. The SSO itself works fine - i'm able to login with my googleapps account. How should one migrate existing accounts with all associated tasks to googleapps accounts?

3 answers

1 vote

Igor,

The external user will be converted into a GoogleApps user if it's username matches during the Google login, so:

1. Create a user in your GoogleApps domain named: developer@<your-google-apps-domain>

2. Login into OnDemand using the Google Login option using the "developer" Google credentials.

3. If the email in OnDemand doesn't match you will be asked to provide the user password in OnDemand so we can ensure you are the legitimate owner of that user in OnDemand.

This should change the user type to be GoogleApps.

I do not recommend using a shared account amongst several individuals as it defeats the purpose of security of your information and tracebility.

I searched the docs, but didn't found any solution. I'll try to rephrase:

i have the existing user "developer", user type: external user. Can i change its user type to google user?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

133 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you