Migrate JIRA servers to JIRA Cloud

Brian Lichtman April 21, 2017

Hello,

I have 3 separate teams in one organization who want to migrate into the same Cloud instance.

2 of these teams are in their own Jira Server, on premise solutions (similar versions of Jira, thankfully)

The third team is in a larger licensed, Atlassian Cloud Hosted version of Jira.

I've heard that I must first export and download the Cloud instance and migrate all three teams content together in one single Server instance of Jira and then import it all back to Jira Cloud.

Is this the correct (only) process?

Does this imply that an import from a Jira Server will overwrite the content/users/workflows of a Jira Cloud instance?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2017

>'ve heard that I must first export and download the Cloud instance

Yes, that's pretty much it if you want complete imports of all the data.  If you're ok to import limited data sets (for example, stuff you can represent as CSV), then you don't need to do all of that, but a "full" import does mean wiping the Cloud instance.  Hence the "download, merge and restore to Cloud" approach.

0 votes
Lorenzo Bueno
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2017

Nic is absolutely correct, you can also follow this official documentation for more guidance: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/migrating-from-jira-server-to-jira-cloud-779160826.html

Suggest an answer