Migrate JIRA and Confluence on-demand to in-house installation

Bill Helmke August 20, 2012

We have been evaluating Jira and Confluence OnDemand for several months and would like to fit it into our current process which uses both TFS and Fogbugz. However the OnDemand version doesn't support a few key things in our process, so we would like to migrate these tools to a server in-house.

I just want to make sure we go about this correctly. My current thinking leads me to believe that this should be the order that we do things:

1. Get extract of our current OnDemand image from Atlassian support (not sure if this is a seperate request for each tool)

2. Download and install Jira and Confluence on our local server

3. Import extract(s) from Atlassian support

4. Import issues from Fogbugz OnDemand into Jira

5. Configure TFS to work with Atlassian products so Jira check-ins, etc can be traced back to TFS

Please let me know if this is correct and send me any links you have to help with the 5 steps above.

Also at what time do I have to cut over my billing from on-demand to download? Is there a grace period so we can ensure that the new environment is working properly first.

Thanks,

-Bill Helmke

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Helmke August 20, 2012

Not sure if 5 should happen before 4, as fogbugz currently ties our check-in (in TFS) back to the issues (cases).

Suggest an answer