We have been evaluating Jira and Confluence OnDemand for several months and would like to fit it into our current process which uses both TFS and Fogbugz. However the OnDemand version doesn't support a few key things in our process, so we would like to migrate these tools to a server in-house.
I just want to make sure we go about this correctly. My current thinking leads me to believe that this should be the order that we do things:
1. Get extract of our current OnDemand image from Atlassian support (not sure if this is a seperate request for each tool)
2. Download and install Jira and Confluence on our local server
3. Import extract(s) from Atlassian support
4. Import issues from Fogbugz OnDemand into Jira
5. Configure TFS to work with Atlassian products so Jira check-ins, etc can be traced back to TFS
Please let me know if this is correct and send me any links you have to help with the 5 steps above.
Also at what time do I have to cut over my billing from on-demand to download? Is there a grace period so we can ensure that the new environment is working properly first.
In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to have–in order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs