Migrate HSQL db to Mysql

Tshepo November 7, 2012

Hi

I am having issues to migate HSQL db to Mysql using the Mysql Workbench 5.2 CE. On the Source target there is no option to select HSQL db..any help?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
UoS Web Team People November 8, 2012

The Switching Databases documentation may help.

0 votes
PauloP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2012

Hi Tshepo

Since the structure from both database system are different, believe that the best approach would be:

1. Create a XML backup from HSQL instance

2. Import it into a MYSQL instancehehehe

Also, if you're trying to import a few number of ticket, perhaps you should try to do it by a CSV file. For further details about that, please use the following link as your guideline:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Exporting+Search+Results+to+Microsoft+Excel

Cheers,

Paulo Renato

IT Outline May 3, 2018

I have import XML backup ,But there is some issue we faced for ex there is no images screenshots comes through backup file and no workflow comes any idea about that.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2018

This is a six year old question.  I would recommend asking a new question with more detail on what you did (how did you export, for example)

0 votes
Tshepo November 7, 2012

Will do that but how do i connect mysql db through Jira?

Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2012

Run the script in JIRA_INSTALL_DIR/bin/config.bat and you'll find the database connection in the Database tab.

Tshepo November 8, 2012

Hi! I have deleted the config file under jira folder and was able to get back to Setup screen. So i have managed to configure Mysql database, thanks

Suggest an answer