Metaspace

Mattias Ohlsson November 14, 2014

3 answers

1 vote

Meta space below always 0%.. should it be so?

Skärmavbild 2014-11-14 kl. 23.11.11.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2014

Ah, my apologies, I've not had to deal with a client having memory issues with Java 8 yet, so I've not run into the term. If I understand it correctly, I'd say that's not a problem - it's supposed to dynamically re-allocate as it's required, so it should really be full all the time.

0 votes
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2017

This should be the expected behavior when no maximum limit is configured for MetaSpace explicitly.

We have created the KB article below to clarify this behavior:

0 votes

my question is about why metaspace always is full? I have a small usage of my JIRA instance, 3 GB server, and allocated JVM_MINIMUM_MEMORY 1024 m and JVM_MAXIMUM_MEMORY 1500 for jira.

The other are not half "full"/red...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2014

I think you need to explain what you mean by "metaspace", it's not a term I recognise when talking about Java memory settings.

see my screenshot in reply below.. cheers

Hans-Hermann Hunfeld June 7, 2015

We recognize the same situation, does it have any negative impact?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2015

See previous comment.

BjoernKruse September 1, 2015

Just upgraded from 6.4.2 to 6.4.11 In both versions, it is same situation as Mattias Ohlsson described (even after fresh start of machine and Jira 6.4.11). The Metaspace bar is always 100% used. @Nic Brough: the above screenshot shows 7 graphical bars, the 3rd from top is named "Metaspace" ... But we never encountered negative impact yet.

Suggest an answer