3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Meta space below always 0%.. should it be so?

Skärmavbild 2014-11-14 kl. 23.11.11.png

Ah, my apologies, I've not had to deal with a client having memory issues with Java 8 yet, so I've not run into the term. If I understand it correctly, I'd say that's not a problem - it's supposed to dynamically re-allocate as it's required, so it should really be full all the time.

my question is about why metaspace always is full? I have a small usage of my JIRA instance, 3 GB server, and allocated JVM_MINIMUM_MEMORY 1024 m and JVM_MAXIMUM_MEMORY 1500 for jira.

The other are not half "full"/red...

I think you need to explain what you mean by "metaspace", it's not a term I recognise when talking about Java memory settings.

see my screenshot in reply below.. cheers

We recognize the same situation, does it have any negative impact?

See previous comment.

Just upgraded from 6.4.2 to 6.4.11 In both versions, it is same situation as Mattias Ohlsson described (even after fresh start of machine and Jira 6.4.11). The Metaspace bar is always 100% used. @Nic Brough: the above screenshot shows 7 graphical bars, the 3rd from top is named "Metaspace" ... But we never encountered negative impact yet.

This should be the expected behavior when no maximum limit is configured for MetaSpace explicitly.

We have created the KB article below to clarify this behavior:

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

232 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you