Message field not rendering (JIRA Toolkit)

Juan du Toit August 24, 2017

Good Day,

I installed the JIRA toolkit plugin for the message field, but I do not see it on the Relsove Screen after I created the field, configured it and added it to the screen and did a re-index.

We are running Jira v7.3.2 on a UAT environment on server

This is what I used:

Field Type: 

Message Custom Field (for view)

Default value:

{Panel}

<b><font color="red"> Please insure that the below fields are populated before closing the issue to avoid errors

Thanks. :) </b></font>

{Panel}

I tried so many different default vaules.  

Hope you can shed some light on this

Regards,

Juan

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2017

You have used the wrong type of field.  It's a common error.

A "Message Custom Field (for view)" appears when you're on the issue view.  The "Message Custom Field (for edit)" appears when you are on a screen with editable fields (create, edit and transition)

Try the edit version of the field.

Juan du Toit August 25, 2017

Hi Nic,

What a rookie mistake! Thanks for pointing this out.  I think I need the weekend and soon!

Will you be able to help me put this message in a panel? I tried, but not succeceeding. Seems to only add the code at thye start and end.

{panel}:bgcolor=#EAECFF}

<b><font color="red">
Please insure that the below fields are populated before closing the issue to avoid errors
</b></font>

{panel}

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2017

I can't remember if wiki markup works in that field.  HTML should though - try a <div> maybe?

Suggest an answer