Message custom field is not working in JIRA 5.0.3

S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2012

Hi All,

Please suggest me any other option in jira have the functionality to put a small description on transition screens as the message custom field in not working for JIRA 5.0.3

In the message custom field after adding some text to default value its not showing up.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Sanu P Soman

7 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pranjal Shukla May 28, 2012

Hi Sanu,

There is a bug in this toolkit plugin and has been confirmed by Atlassian. Have a look at these issues. Though this plugin is from Atlassian but this plugin is not supported by them. hence they will take their own time to fix it.

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JTOOL-148

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JTOOL-149

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JTOOL-150

Hope this helps!

S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2012

Thanks Pranjal for the update.

Is there any other possible option is available to place description message on transition screens?

Thanks,

Sanu P Soman

0 votes
M. P. September 9, 2013

Hi there,

I'm working on JIRA Version 6.0.6 and installed JIRA Toolkit Plugin 0.35.3 and unfortunately still/also facing the same problem: message custom field in not working

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 1, 2012

Did an upgrade from JIRA 4.4.5 to JIRA 5.0.7 and updated to JIRA Toolkit 0.25. It is still a problem with the default values. Has anyone experienced this? Does the bug still exist?

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 1, 2012

A new version has not been released. Atlassian hasn't addressed this yet.

S
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 1, 2012

Still you are facing issue?

S
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 1, 2012

Hello Harry,

I'm using 0.25 version and its working fine. I did migration from JIRA 4.3 to 5.0.3.

Thanks,

Sanu P Soman

Kevin April 1, 2013

I'm currently seeing the same behavior however, running on Jira version 5.1 and toolkit version 0.34.3. The default message just isn’t visible within the transition screen, but works fine on a page level.

Anyone else's facing the same problem?

Regards,
Kevin

M. P. September 9, 2013

Hi there,

I'm working on JIRA Version 6.0.6 and installed JIRA Toolkit Plugin 0.35.3 and unfortunately still/also facing the same problem: message custom field in not working

Kind Regards

0 votes
Anoop Wilson June 13, 2012

Hi Sanu,

New version is available.this will fix the issue.Please download from https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.toolkit

Regards

Anoop

0 votes
Pranjal Shukla May 28, 2012

Hi Sanu,

The default values of the old fields will not dispappear immidiately after the upgrade. If you edit the default value once in the upgraded instance and try to save it, the value will get lost.

If you try creating a new field of the same type on the upgraded instance and add a default value to it, it'll not work because of the bug. The only available option is to try updating the default value @ the DB level. Restart and reindex the instance after you perform the change.

~Pranjal Shukla

S
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2012

Thanks for sharing the possible solution.

0 votes
S
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2012

Hi Norman,

My requirement is that, I need to put some small descriptions on each transition screens to help the end users. In 4.4 JIRA version I've installed Toolkit plugin fom which I can create a "message custom field (for edit)" custom field and in that I can add the description message as a default value then it can be easily viewable in transition screens.

Now the JIRA instance is got migrated to 5.0.3 version and found that if I'm adding description message on default value of message custom field it won't displaying any thing on transition screens. So please suggest how I can add description message to each transition screens?? Any other plugin will give this functionality or any workaround on this toolkit plugin or java script will give this functionality.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Sanu P Soman

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 25, 2012

Your issue you are having is not explained very well. If you are trying to add a custom text field with a default value, I do not believe it is broken since that is such basic functionality. I would suspect you are doing something wrong.

If clearing your browser cache or restarting Jira does not clear up your issue, then pleas state the steps you went through to add your custom field.

Suggest an answer