Merging two Custom Fields

Deleted user May 28, 2012

Hello,
We have the problem described in this Post: http://old.nabble.com/Merge-values-from-duplicate-custom-fields-td28950086.html

My question is: Can you tell me which values in which tables must be edited in order to merge the two "Story Points" fields?

Regards,
Adrian

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2012

JIRA Command Line Interface copyFieldValue action will do this. You need a release supporting JCLI-246. Use in conjunction with runFromIssueList action to loop through (JQL) issues. Something like:

--action runFromIssueList --common "-a copyFieldValue --issue @issue@ --field custom1 --field2 custom2" --search "key = ZJIRACLI-1"

0 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2019

Specific Apps now offer the functionality to easily merge values from duplicate custom fields, saving you time and increasing the performance of your Jira Index. Both Cleaner for Jira and Scriptrunner offer these capabilities.

Cleaner for Jira has recently been updated, specifically enabling you to copy the values from one Custom Field to another Custom Field – allowing the original to be removed.

The new analysis feature also highlights whether there are conflicts e.g. Issues with a value for both Custom Fields, and you choose whether to overwrite the destination value with the source value. In addition to a feature that maintains the Issue History and shows as an issue update.

Find them both on the Atlassian Marketplace today.

Matias Stagnari September 9, 2020

Hi Laura:

"Cleaner for Jira has recently been updated, specifically enabling you to copy the values from one Custom Field to another Custom Field – allowing the original to be removed."

How can I do that? I can't find that function.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events