Merging non google apps user with google apps user

Brad Giotes September 23, 2013

I've got several users that have been using Jira for many months. I just turned on Google Apps with Jira.

Now, when I log in with my Google Apps ID, I cannot get access to my non google apps work. Basically Jira sees us as two separate users.

I would like to somehow get rid of my non google apps ID and just have my google ID. Is there a way to merge the two somehow?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
cbenard1
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2013

Hi Brad,

As google apps integration is based on email address there isn't a straightforward way to do this. Essentially what you'll be doing is migrating data from the old user to the google apps user.

Migrate all data from xxx@example.com to yyy@example.com

You will need to search all issues for xxx@example.com (by reporter, assignee etc) and once the search returns the results you will need to bulk edit them to the new user i.e. yyy@example.com

For each of the above search results

Tools > bulk edit > all n issues > select the column checkbox, for all issues >Next> edit Issues radio button >Next>accept

- Change the default assignee for any component

- Change the project ownership (Project lead) for any projects

- Change the project role and group memberships to the new user name

- Make sure in any of the notification scheme, the user xxx@example.com is not explicitly added as user

- Change any filter subscriptions from old to the new user. Note this can only be done by the user by logging in.

- Share any dashboards that xxx@example.com had so that yyy@example.com can re-use it.

After this you'll go into the user management section and remove the old users application access as well as remove that user from any groups they are a member of.

Sorry there isn't currently an easier way to handle this. We're working on adding that functionality here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31741 Please vote on this issue and watch it for future updates.

Thanks!

Turner

Suggest an answer