Merging from JIRA Cloud to JIRA Standalone and Users question

Kathy Plamann April 14, 2015

Hi 

I have the same users in my cloud instance as I do in my JIRA standalone instance. The only difference is that their usernames are different. Should I change the usernames in the Cloud instance before I try and merge the data? 

I have read the following about preparing the target JIRA Server instance:–and I wonder what impact having different usernames would cause?

Thanks

Kathy

1. Setting up users and groups
    1. The following types of users are considered mandatory for a project to be imported:
      1. Reporter, assignee, component lead or project lead--make sure all users are included

1 answer

0 votes
teilor_soares
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2015

Hi Kathy. If you do not have a user in the target instance, JIRA will try to create the new user, if the creation process fail, JIRA will abort the import process.

If possible, I would recommend to you to modify the usernames in the cloud instance to match the username each user has in the server instance or you may end with the same person with two usernames in JIRA.

Cheers!
Teilor

Suggest an answer