Merging/Migrating User between User Directories

Mathias Heilmann April 14, 2014

I have a problem with a JIRA-User after adding our Active Directory to the user directories in JIRA (6.1.3).

This guy got an account in the JIRA Internal Directory like this: lastname,firstname (notice the comma instead of a full stop), but our name convention for the AD is lastname.firstname. So after adding the AD I want to merge/migrate the comma-account to the new one, or at least rename it to match (which isn't possible as it is, since the full stop-account already exists.)

The goal should be that he logs in as lastname.firstname and still got all the issues and what else that he created with the other account.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2014

You can use of the Script Runner's built-in scripts - "Rename a user ID" - https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-RenameaUserID

This script has two modes - rename and merge, so it should do the job.

That worked! Thank you.

The script successfully did its job, but now I got a lot of load on the system. Is that to be expected?

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2014

This might be due to indexing. I think it was mentioned in the documentation of this script.

Suggest an answer