Merging/Migrating User between User Directories

I have a problem with a JIRA-User after adding our Active Directory to the user directories in JIRA (6.1.3).

This guy got an account in the JIRA Internal Directory like this: lastname,firstname (notice the comma instead of a full stop), but our name convention for the AD is lastname.firstname. So after adding the AD I want to merge/migrate the comma-account to the new one, or at least rename it to match (which isn't possible as it is, since the full stop-account already exists.)

The goal should be that he logs in as lastname.firstname and still got all the issues and what else that he created with the other account.

1 answer

1 accepted

You can use of the Script Runner's built-in scripts - "Rename a user ID" - https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-RenameaUserID

This script has two modes - rename and merge, so it should do the job.

That worked! Thank you.

The script successfully did its job, but now I got a lot of load on the system. Is that to be expected?

This might be due to indexing. I think it was mentioned in the documentation of this script.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

Implementing Jira in Small Business

Introduction This article will give insight on how a small software development department implemented Atlassian products to enhance and streamline the business process. The privately held company h...

305 views 2 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you