Menu items don't work, neither does hover over.

Elise Schmitt December 13, 2016

Since a few weeks very often clicking on menu items Issues and Boards does not work for me anymore. also the hover over doesn't show the menu items. What can be the cause?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2016

This happens if you leave a page open and the session times out and you become logged out.  The system looks normal, but the menu and links stop showing on hover, then if you click things, you need to log back in.  If you have SSO enabled, it may do that seemlessly, so it looks like things start working again.

Could that be the cause?

Elise Schmitt December 14, 2016

I don't think so because the other menu items work fine. And sometimes when I double click on Boards it suddenly will show the underlying menu items. Very strange

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2016

OK, that sounds like damaged javascript then.  Some next steps

1. Does it happen for other users?
  2. Does it happen if you try another browser?
  3. Is it consistent, like it happens only when you're in the issue view, or navigator?
  4. Do you have any add-ons that may be adding generalised javascript to the UI?
  5. Do you have any injected javascript (injected into field descriptions etc)?

Suggest an answer