Menu item "Outgoing Mail" not available

Jens Dirksen August 25, 2014

Hi,

I want to configure the Mail/SMTP settings in JIRA (Server version 6.3.1 on Linux CentOS 6.5) but under System -> Mail I have only three options (Mail Queue, Send E-mail, HipChat Configuration). According to the documentation there should be an item Outgoing Mail but not in our case.

According to our Global Permissions, I have the permissions of JIRA System Administrators which are needed to access the mail configuration.

What can I do to be able to configure the settings in Outgoing Mail?

Thanks,

Jens

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2014

Yes, you only need the "JIRA System Administrators". I would make sure one more time that you are a member of one of those groups. Are you able to see "Restore" JIRA option, for example?

Also, check the logs to see if there are any errors.

0 votes
Jens Dirksen August 25, 2014

Thanks, Jobin, for your quick answer.

Yes, I see the "Restore System" option as "JIRA System Administrators".

The solution was to check the logfile catalina.out. It showed:

'com.atlassian.jira.jira-mail-plugin' - 'Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Mail Plugin' failed to load.

I loaded the plugin manually and now I see also "Outgoing Mail" and "Incoming Mail".

Additionally I enhanced the "wait timer" for the plugins start up from 60 to 300 seconds (-Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=300) because the Agile plugin didn't get enabled after a restart of JIRA, too.

Thanks a lot,

Jens

Suggest an answer