Mentions plugin

Remon Vrij March 26, 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to turn mentions off in JIRA v6.1. the knowledge database only suggests how to do this for confluence here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Using+Mentionssadly it doesn't seem to work the same way for JIRA.

Please advice.

Cheers,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2014

Hello,

To be honest I don't remind if it's possible to achieve by the UI.

However, you can curn this off by removing the render script directly on the xml file:

1. Shut down JIRA.

2. Navigate to $JIRA_INSTALL/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/ and open the file system-renderercomponentfactories-plugin.xml.

3. Search the following entrie:

<renderer-component-factory key="citationphraserenderer" name="Citation Phrase Renderer Component Factory"
                                i18n-name-key="admin.renderer.component.factories.plugin.citationphraserenderer.name"
                                class="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.renderercomponent.PhraseRendererComponentFactory"
                                >
        <order>170</order>
        <param name="phrase">citation</param>
    </renderer-component-factory>

4. Copy to another file as a backup, and then delete the entire entry

5. Start JIRA.

Following this procedure, JIRA should not render mentions anymore.

Cheers,

Pedro Souza.

Remon Vrij April 7, 2014

Hi Pedro,

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll see if we can get this to work on our testing envrionment it might take some time to get there but ill come back to this if it works.

Suggest an answer