Memory information for "On demand JIRA"

srinivasan radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2013

Hi,

In my company, i have moving the all SharePoint items to "On demand JIRA". Each SharePoint item have attachments, i also download this attachments and reattached to "On demand JIRA".

In my on demand JIRA system info shows the below information

Java VM memory status

Total Memory - 506 MB

Free Memory - 120 MB

Used Memory - 386 MB

Total PermGen Memory - 288MB

Free PermGen Memory - 107MB

Used PermGen Memory - 180MB

At this stage, i need to attach a 500 files from SharePoint to "On demand JIRA" ( Each file size 1MB).

This is possible in this memory stage, or how to achieve my goal.

If i continue, what problem will be occured or How can prevent the problem before?

Share Your Knowledge- This is very helpful for me.

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2013

Disk space allowance is 25Gb for a standard account - https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=253231650

See also https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AOD-2770 for the request to allow you to monitor it (because my understanding is that that space includes logs, exports, the database, and the rest, not just attachments)

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2013

Java VM memory status

This is the memory available for the JVM; not the disk space for attachments. You will have to raise a support request with Atlassian to see how much they allow.

Suggest an answer