May I Install 2 jira application in the same machine?

Suresh January 26, 2014

Hi All,

I would like to create two jira application in same computer .So that first application is for development and 2nd one is for clients to access and test for configurations.after updating data from first application.

could we run both applications continuously..?

2 answers

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2014

Hi Kite,

As Nic says this is certainly possible.

But why do you want this? Why don't you use one JIRA for all your users (developers and clients alike)?

Best regards,

Peter

Suresh January 26, 2014

we are in still configuration phase.So in one application clients will test.If any changes are there will do in 2nd application.and update the same in the first application.

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2014

Hi Kite,

Why can't you simply do this with a test project in your development environment?

If you use 2 enviromnents you also need 2 licenses, which seems an unnecessary cost to me.

You ofcourse also set up a production JIRA for use by your developers and clients for ordinary work. And a testing JIRA for tests by some clients and yourself. You can then use your normal license for the production JIRA and a developers license for the testing JIRA.

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2014

Yes, as long as you run them on different ports. Look for the "server.xml" file in both installations - they'll both say port 8080 by default, just change one of them to another port.

You may need to think about resources as well - Jira can be a bit memory hungry sometimes.

Suggest an answer