Master view of On the go Projects

Andries Becker March 17, 2021

Hallo 

I have multiple projects on the go with different Dev teams. I am looking for a single report or view that can give me a indication on how things are going based on a time scale. Put simply.  I roadmap for each project with a start and a end date to the project on the same time line would work well. 

Is there a way or a APP for this ? 

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Vinod Ramadoss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2021

Hi,

For similar scenario, I make use of Advanced Roadmap feature in Jira, if not used already please refer document page for the same, hope this helps

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolio/advanced-roadmaps-for-jira-documentation-660734353.html

Perfect and thank you for the link. 

Time to play around :-) 

Like Dave likes this
Andries Becker March 18, 2021

Roadmap.png

Follow up question. Just to make sure I am moving in the correct direction. As per the picture this is a Road map of a single project ( two Epic's ). I now want to add more project to this road map.

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2021

The screenshot you've shown is of the standard Roadmap tool, you need to be using the Advanced Roadmaps tool that comes with Jira Premium. Confusingly you access the Advanced Roadmaps from the "Plans" menu on the top navigation bar.

From there you can create a new plan that will prompt you for the projects / boards / JQL filters that you want to source issues from for you plan

Regards,

Dave

Andries Becker March 19, 2021

Ok so I just hand standard. I upgraded .

Few questions 

In order to run a accurate Roadmap what items are must to have in Jira ( Story points , Release version )

Like Dave likes this
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2021

Hi @Andries Becker,

By "accurate" do you mean how best to build a plan that ends up becoming the reality of what gets delivered and when?

Regards,

Dave

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
March 17, 2021

Hi @Andries Becker,

I agree with @Vinod Ramadoss that Advanced Roadmaps sounds like it will meet your needs, however it's worth noting that Advanced Roadmaps doesn't currently support Next-Gen projects (only Classic Projects) - I thought it worth calling this out as you haven't mentioned what project types you're using.

Regards,

Dave

Classic all the way 

Thank you 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer