Marvelution Jenkins/Jira plugin with Jenkins Folders plugin

Simon Champion June 12, 2014

Hi.

I'm using the Marvelution Jenkins plugin for Jira to integrate Jira with Jenkins.

Within Jenkins, I'm using the Cloudbees Folders plugin to organise my jobs into folders (each project has its own folder, most of which containing multiple jobs)

The problem I have is that the Jenkins plugin in Jira does not appear to recognise the existence of the jobs within the folders; the list of jobs that can be activated only includes the actual folders, not the jobs within them, and even when they are activated, no information is shown in the CI tabs in the tickets.

Jobs that are outside of folders are recognised and displayed correctly in Jira.

I suspect there is a compatibility issue here between the plugins across the two systems.

3 answers

1 vote
Mark Rekveld - Marvelution
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 14, 2014
Hi, The Jenkins integration plugin uses the Jenkins JSON API to get the jobs from Jenkins. So I think the folders plugin adds something to the API that this plugin doesn't understand. Please create a new feature request to support this in our JIRA instance at https://marvelution.atlassian.net/browse/JJI Cheers, Mark
Simon Champion June 15, 2014

Hi Mark,

I signed up an account on your Jira instance, but I'm not being given an option to create a ticket. I don't appear to have sufficient permissions.

Mark Rekveld - Marvelution
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 15, 2014

Sorry about that, I added you to the correct group and you should have access and permissions now.

Hi Mark. Thank you. I have now created JJI-146.

0 votes

Hi Mark,

I signed up an account on your Jira instance, but I'm not being given an option to create a ticket. I don't appear to have sufficient permissions.

fernando_rosado June 8, 2015

I see that there is a ticket related with this : https://marvelution.atlassian.net/browse/JJI-146

Suggest an answer