Marvelution Jenkins/Jira plugin with Jenkins Folders plugin

Hi.

I'm using the Marvelution Jenkins plugin for Jira to integrate Jira with Jenkins.

Within Jenkins, I'm using the Cloudbees Folders plugin to organise my jobs into folders (each project has its own folder, most of which containing multiple jobs)

The problem I have is that the Jenkins plugin in Jira does not appear to recognise the existence of the jobs within the folders; the list of jobs that can be activated only includes the actual folders, not the jobs within them, and even when they are activated, no information is shown in the CI tabs in the tickets.

Jobs that are outside of folders are recognised and displayed correctly in Jira.

I suspect there is a compatibility issue here between the plugins across the two systems.

2 answers

Hi, The Jenkins integration plugin uses the Jenkins JSON API to get the jobs from Jenkins. So I think the folders plugin adds something to the API that this plugin doesn't understand. Please create a new feature request to support this in our JIRA instance at https://marvelution.atlassian.net/browse/JJI Cheers, Mark

Hi Mark,

I signed up an account on your Jira instance, but I'm not being given an option to create a ticket. I don't appear to have sufficient permissions.

Sorry about that, I added you to the correct group and you should have access and permissions now.

Hi Mark. Thank you. I have now created JJI-146.

Hi Mark,

I signed up an account on your Jira instance, but I'm not being given an option to create a ticket. I don't appear to have sufficient permissions.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,307 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot