Marking an Issue With Affected Customer

Chas Berndt August 20, 2014

Before I begin, I should note that this is something couldn't do with TFS so I'm not holding my breath on this...

Some people, like AMs, would like to mark issues with a customer or customers affected by an issue. They use this for tracking so they know what the state of all things related to a particular client.

Ideally, I'd like a searchable drop down which someone can type in either the customers name or our customer code (a 4 letter shorthand for a particular client)

For instance, Account McManager can type in "wal" and they'd see the options for "Wallymart - WALM", "Walgreenz - DRUG", "Washington Law Services - WALS" and they could select the appropriate customer and the work item would have a label that would be the customer code. If I could dictate a list of approved labels for this field, that would work as well.

Anyone doing anything like this? If so, how? Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
NicholasL August 20, 2014
Chas Berndt August 20, 2014

I'd rather not have a list of thousands of customers. Using a check box or using a multi select would be a bad user experience. I'd like to start typing, have it show results, then I can click on one I want. The reason I like the labels is that each label is its own little object that can be removed by clicking the X.

Basically, searchable label box that dictates which label(s) can be used is something i'd like.

Suggest an answer