Mark issues, so other group can see it, altought they didn't have the permission.

Tobias Hofer September 15, 2014

Hello

I have an problem:

We have an group, this groupt can create, delete and edit issues but this group can't see issues of other groups. 

But my question ist, is there  a feature where you can mark issues, so this group can also see, although they wouldn't have the permission for that. 

2 answers

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2014

Hi Oliver, in order to be able to se issues you must have the permission for that. What you can do is create a security scheme if you want to be able to see or not to see the issue.

In that way the group will be able to delete or edit only the issues they can see.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2014

The fast solution would be having different projects for this group, that way you can give only view issues permission in the other group project.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2014

No.  A user must have the permission to see issues.  You can't just grant that on the back of a field or flag, you have to give them project access first

Tobias Hofer September 17, 2014

Maybe I have to rephrase my question. Is it possible to set a second permisson scheme to a group depending on a custom bool field? So Everybody has no permission and but the second scheme sets it so they can see issues which have that flag?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2014

No, there's no need to rephrase the question, I think we all understood it fine. The answer is the same. You have to allow the user to see the issue in the permission scheme. You can't add something else to allow access.

Suggest an answer