Mark Resolution for a Status

Akshat Arora March 20, 2016

I am trying to Complete a Sprint for our JIRA Project. And It tells me that all the issues are incomplete.

One Diving deeper I found out that even though the status for the issues is "Resolved" their Resolution field says "Unresolved". I read that we can Add Post Functions to transitions but I am not able to find the field. All I can see is a "Properties" tag, which does not allow me to add a Post function anywhere.

Please help me what should I do to fix this, since I will be unable to close the sprint.

2 answers

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2016

>he status for the issues is "Resolved" their Resolution field says "Unresolved"

Yes, you have the right idea, you need to set the resolution to a value as you enter the "resolved" status.  If you are using a "simplified workflow", then you do this with a check-box on the status when you define the Agile board columns.  If you're using a normal workflow, then you need to set it by having a screen on the transition in, or a post function

> read that we can Add Post Functions to transitions but I am not able to find the field.

Edit the workflow, find the transition and you'll find four tabs on it, one of which is post-functions.  Click add, and look for the function that says "set field value".  Select resolution and it'll give you a list of all the options, including "<none>" which means "clear the resolution".  (Clearing it/setting it to none empties the field in the database, which JIRA then displays as "unresolved")

Akshat Arora March 21, 2016

But how do I edit the "Resolution" field.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2016

On a normal workflow, you

• set it in a post-function, or by going through a transition with a screen that includes it (Never, never, never put it on an "edit" screen, because that will set it as soon as anyone uses "edit").
  • You clear it with a post-function

On a simplified workflow, you set the flag in the columns when defining an agile board.

Akshat Arora March 21, 2016

I dont see an option to set a post function in "Add Transition" related forms/views

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2016

The answer I gave already has the route to that.  Please re-read it from "edit the workflow"

0 votes
Florian Kollin March 20, 2016

Hi Akshat,

this is a question of your workflow configuration. You can read about adding post functions in the "Advanced Workflow Configuration". 

It sounds like you might want to change your workflow to do this automatically anyways in the future.

Have a great week,
Florian 

Suggest an answer