Mapping Unique Screens to Each Required Issue Type (in the same Project)

DanielH September 16, 2012

Hoping someone can help - this has been driving me crazy trying to sort this issue out!

I am trying to achieve the following:

• New project which has 5 different Issue Types
  • Each Issue Type requires the display of a different screen when Creating, Editing, Viewing the issue

The problem I am having however is that I can only get the (default) Issue Type to display the corect screen when creating a new Issue. Selecting any of the other 4 Issue Types results in the Create Issue screen just displaying the "Summary" field (and none of the other fields that have been defined to display for this screen).

What I have done so far:

• Created a new project
  • Created the 5 x required screens for each Issue Type; associated each screen to it's corresponding Screen Schemes (E.g. Screen A was associated to Screen Scheme A)
  • Created 1 x Issue Type Screen Scheme and associated it to the project
  • Created the 5 x required Issue Types
  • Created 5 x Screen Schemes (one for each Issue Type); associated each of these to the newly created Issue Type Screen Scheme
  • Created the desired Workflow for the Project

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2012

It actually sounds like the screen schemes are probably right, and it's the fields that are failing.

You say you are only getting "summary" on all the screens - I would guess that all the missing fields are custom fields? I suspect that you need to check two other places:

1. The field configuration scheme - you can hide fields from issues on that. The default for a new field is to show them, but it's worth checking

2. The fields have the right context - when you create/edit them, it asks which projects and issue types you want to show them for - make sure every custom field shows for the project and issue type

(3. you also should check that the fields are on the right screens, but I think you've probably done that?)

Hi Nic,

Excellent - thanks for the suggestions - and I have just fixed the issue. It was the Custom Fields in the end - not being assigned to "Any Issue Type" was causing the screens not to display.

Really appreciate the help!

Dan

0 votes

Forgot to add - running enterprise install of Jira (V5.0.6)

Suggest an answer