Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Manual ZIP Jira software install can't start Jira

Hello, i'm new to Jira and i'm a just graduated student.

That said for a bootcamp job interview i got asked to install Jira and set it up and do plenty of other stuff, but starting by installing from the. zip file (this is a must).

After playing around a lot and reading documentation i managed to connect Jira to Postgres11.

Now here's the tricky part, when starting plugins i get this error message:

System plugins failed to start: We haven't been able to start all the required system plugins We couldn't start the following plugins: Jira Projects Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin) Atlassian OAuth Consumer Plugin (com.atlassian.oauth.consumer) Atlassian Navigation Links Plugin (com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-nav-links-plugin) Atlassian Jira - Plugins - OAuth Service Provider SPI (com.atlassian.jira.oauth.serviceprovider) Atlassian Jira - Plugins - Project Config Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.jira-project-config-plugin) Applinks - Plugin - Core (com.atlassian.applinks.applinks-plugin) Atlassian OAuth Service Provider Plugin (com.atlassian.oauth.serviceprovider) jira-webresources-plugin (jira.webresources) Embedded Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.embedded) Gadget Directory Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.directory) Atlassian Jira - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.gadgets) Atlassian Jira - Plugins - Global Issue Navigator (com.atlassian.jira.jira-issue-nav-plugin) Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - File viewer plugin (com.atlassian.jira.jira-fileviewer-plugin) Atlassian Pretty URLs Plugin (com.atlassian.prettyurls.atlassian-pretty-urls-plugin) Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Quick Edit Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.jira-quick-edit-plugin) Atlassian OAuth Admin Plugin (com.atlassian.oauth.admin) Atlassian REST - Module Types (com.atlassian.plugins.rest.atlassian-rest-module) Atlassian Jira - Plugins - REST Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.rest) Opensocial Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.opensocial) atlassian-servlet-plugin (com.atlassian.web.atlassian-servlet-plugin) Atlassian Jira - Plugins - Look And Feel Logo Upload Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.lookandfeel) Gadget Spec Publisher Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.publisher) Atlassian Jira - Plugins - OAuth Consumer SPI (com.atlassian.jira.oauth.consumer) Atlassian Front-End Runtime Plugin (com.atlassian.frontend.atlassian-frontend-runtime-plugin) Atlassian Jira - Plugins - SAL Plugin (com.atlassian.sal.jira) Gadget Dashboard Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.dashboard) Static Assets (CDN) Plugin (com.atlassian.plugins.static-assets-url).

I have gone through the Troubleshooter and did all possible steps:

Memory Allocation -----------> according to the start jira it has commited a total of 558MB out of a 3500MB max so this isn't the case
Anti-virus -------------> I have none and firewall is disabled
Corrupted plugin caches ---------------> I deleted manually the folders did not work
Incompatible JAVA version ----------------> I'm being asked to use a Java version 11 or Superior
Plugins are disabled in the database ----------------> I checked and isn't the case
Plugins require more time to startup ----------------> according to cmd Startup is complete and Jira is ready to use.
JIRA is Locked ----------------> Not the case
Slow performance to load plugins from the Disk ---------------> NMMot the case
A customized incorrect OGSI boot delegation value is set --------------------> i don't have a customized ogsi boot

I'm clueless as what to do now, since all help i find online they take into account that i have already a working Jira server.

One thing to note, is that regardless of the plugins failing i do get the message saying

"Startup is complete, Jira server is ready to use."

Thanks a lot in advance for the help, hope you can give me a hand on this.

1 answer

0 votes
Sagar Mahajan Community Leader Dec 28, 2021

Hi @Vicente Zurita Looking at the logs plugins are not getting started in the specified time and as a result of this Jira is not getting started

Please try to start the Jira in safe mode (plugins will be disabled ) as mentioned in the below documents

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/startup-check-starting-jira-872266333.html

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-65343

Check the workaround section to increase the plugin timeout time

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/bundled-plugin-not-available-error-thrown-on-jira-server-login-212173447.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you