Mantis import category field

Aaron January 9, 2012

Hi,

I am looking at importing data from mantis in Jira.

I have lookd at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Importing+Data+From+Mantis
and it looks like the category field will map to the component field.

Unfortunatly in mantis I have used the category field to store the same info as issue type in Jira ie Bug, Feature Request etc

Is there any way to map Mantis:Category to Jira:Issue Type instead of Jira:Component

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Wojciech Seliga
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2012

Hi,

Unfortunately Mantis importer currently always treats Mantis categories as JIRA components.

We have open request for it - https://studio.atlassian.com/browse/JIM-218. Your comment/vote there would help us prioritize it.

Meanwhile I can recommend two solutions:

1. download Atlassian Plugin SDK and JIRA Importers Plugin sources, change one line in com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.mantis.transformer.IssueTransformerVer118OrOlder file:

externalIssue.setExternalComponents(Lists.newArrayList(category));

into

externalIssue.setIssueType(category);

then rebuilt the plugin (with atlas-package command) and install it to your JIRA instance. If you don't want to treat Mantis categories verbatim, then you can also modify "category" string on the fly to what you want (a few extra lines of Java code would be needed).

2. import issues from Mantis normally (categories into JIRA components) and then use Bulk Edit to change issue type of all newly imported issues in a few steps. That approach is reasonable if you have just several Mantis categories and not more than several thousand issues. Bulk edit may be quite time consuming and works only in batches up to 1000 issues.
Cheers,
Wojtek

Suggest an answer