Mantis Import requires too many new users for our license

Stefan Jacobi August 18, 2011

Hi,

I want to import our Mantis project into Jira. The import wizard is just fine, but it requires me to create a new user in Jira for every user that appears in the Mantis project. If I were to create all these users, it would exceed our user limit. The Mantis project has 13 users, our Jira limit is 10. What's more is that I do not actually have use for all the Mantis users in the Jira project. Several ex-members of the project will not be using Jira.

I have already tried to create all Mantis users in Jira and deactivated them immediatly. That way I can have more than 10 Jira users, but the importer only works when every user is activated

Is there any way to circumvent the need to create all Mantis users in Jira?

And is there a way to map Mantis users to Jira users? Some of them are the same, but have different names in Mantis and Jira.

Thanks

Stefan

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2011

How to import data from external systems or databases provides some alternative ways to import data. Especially if you have a CSV export, you might be able to use the findReplace support to map the names on import.

0 votes
Al Sko June 8, 2012

you can do this with Task Adapter, it provides another way of migrating tasks from Mantis bug tracker to Jira. it's an external program where you can enter Mantis and Jira website URLs and it will use remote APIs provided by those systems. in your case you can unselect "transfer assignee" checkbox in Task Adapter User Interface and all the tasks will be transferred unassigned, so no new users are required in your Jira.

I'm the author of that program and I'd be happy to know how this works for you.

Suggest an answer