Mandatory field for one project

sanjay_sapra January 20, 2021

Hi Team ,

I want to make custom field like (Description , Rollback Plan ) as mandatory for project 1 and not-mandatory for Project 2 . 

But when i am doing mandatory for project 1 , getting error while raising in Project 2 as well.

Can anyone help on this .

4 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2021

@sanjay_sapra  You will need to  create a  separate field configuration  for each project  and make those  field mandatory

Kind regards,

Moses

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2021

Can I have Different Required Fields for Different Issue Types?

Yes, as long as it is a different issue type. Required fields, at creation time are controlled by the field configuration scheme. That scheme is composed of one or more field configurations. Every issue type can have its own field configuration inside the field configuration scheme. If you have 5 issue types and 1 has special needs you create a field configuration for the 4 issue types and another for the 1 issue type. Then you combine them into a field configuration scheme and apply that to the project. When an issue is created, it looks for a field configuration for that issue type and uses it. If it doesn't find one it uses the default in the configuration scheme.  Copy/paste this link for more information. https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-a-field-configuration-scheme-844500805.html 

0 votes
Answer accepted
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2021

Hi @sanjay_sapra ,

Create a New Field configuration 

and add Mandatory for "Description" and "Roll Back Plan".

Create a New Field Configuration Scheme 

Associate the New Field Configuration with an issue type. 

and apply it to second project.

0 votes
sanjay_sapra January 22, 2021

Thanks all for input , i have worked as per suggested steps for creation of new field configuration scheme and working fine . 

Thanks for support .

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2021

@sanjay_sapra Glad that it worked.

Kind regards,

Moses.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS