Mandatory Fields for a Transition

Cynthia Fehr
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2015

Hi,

I put validators for certain fields during some transitions in my JIRA workflow.

Those fields are mandatory only on the resolve screen.

It works well however users are frustrated that there is no red star indicating it is mandatory on those screens.

Is there any way to make the star show up on those screens?

Thanks,

Cynthia

9 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2015
0 votes
Horst Krause March 10, 2015

Thanks for help. I got it working with issue.getPriorityObject().getName().equals("None")

0 votes
Cynthia Fehr
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2015

There is something wrong your validator It would be more something like issue.priorityId != '4' where 4 would be the id of average.

0 votes
Cynthia Fehr
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2015

We are using 6.3.15

0 votes

Which 6.3 exactly? We habe 6.3.13 and trying to use a validator priority!=average does not work.

0 votes
Cynthia Fehr
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2015

I'm using version 6.3. The validators are working well for me.

0 votes

Can you tell me which JIRA version you are using? Because I get errors when trying to use validators. (see https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/11962955/simple-scripted-validator-not-showing-defined-error-message-when-condition-is-not-met)

0 votes
Guilherme Nogueira
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2015

Yes you can! But maybe you gonna have a bad time implementing this feature. The only way that a figured out is using Behavior add-on. You can use something like:

getFieldById("customfield_10301").setRequired(true) //will make this CF mandatory with stars

If you need some help to use behavior please check this link: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JBHV/JIRA%20Behaviours%20Plugin

Cynthia Fehr
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2015

I just tested this with custom fields and it works great!!! However I don't know how to do it for fix version/s. Any ideas?

Guilherme Nogueira
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2015

You can get the field by name... getFieldByName("Fix Version'/s").setR.....

soccerball March 10, 2015

excellent!

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2015

No.

Suggest an answer