Mandatory Custom Filed Options

Shaq November 4, 2019

Hello,

I have a custom field in my Jira Service desk portal that has options.

I've made it so that the parent field is mandatory, however, is there a way to make it so that the option for the parent field is also mandatory?

Currently it will force the user to select an option for the Parent field but allow them leave the option blank and that is causing some issues with our automation rules where it expects that an option should be selected.

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user November 4, 2019

Hi @Shaq ,

Yes you will be able to field mandatory on the Request form which the customers are using. Go to project settings page--> Request types --> click on Edit fields link on the respective Request type for which you would like to make the field required --> go to Request form section and you will be able to see the list of fields and the option to make the field as required. Please see the below screenshot for reference.

Requestform_requiredfiled.png

Regards,

Vijay Ramamurthy

Shaq November 5, 2019

Hello Vijay,

Thanks for the response! I've found the area you're talking about and I can make the parent field mandatory but I can't find the "Request form" section you're talking about where I can see the options and make them mandatory.

This is all I see:

Jira.pngI have a button on this page called "View this request form" but that just takes me to the actual portal to submit a ticket.

-Shaq

Deleted user November 6, 2019

Hi @Shaq

Yes the link for View this request form is for the admins to see how the portal will look after making the changes in the Request type section.

Also if the above answer helped you please accept the answer so that other community users can benefit from it.

Regards,

Vijay Ramamurthy

Shaq November 7, 2019

HI Vijay,

What I'm trying to say is that while I've made the parent filed mandatory by doing what you've showed me, the options field is still not mandatory and users can submit the form without selecting an option. See below:

Jira.png
I'm looking for a way to make that second second drop down (the options) menu mandatory just like the first. Is this possible?

-Shaq

Deleted user November 9, 2019

Hi

Currently, the feature to make the second field mandatory in cascading select list type of field is not available in jira and we have a suggestion request JRACLOUD-10302 where Atlassian has informed that they will not be implementing this feature.

Regards,

Vijay Ramamurthy

Suggest an answer