Managing requirements across multiple co-dependant project teams

Samina Qureshi May 10, 2016

Hi, I have joined a new programme where there are 3 teams each set up with their own project in Jira. One team has a Scrum board point to its project issues and the others have created Kanban boards for their respective projects. The teams issues are often dependent on each other. A new requirement is broken down into work for each team and then each team lead creates the work for their team in their project. My (new) role in Product Owner for all three teams and I want a way to create my high level epics which i can then break into stories for the relevant teams. Can you recommend the best approach for this?

1 answer

0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2016

Many teams will use Confluence and the Product Requirements Blueprint to document the high level requirements and details. These are then broken into Epics and Stories and using the JIRA macro in Confluence you can automatically create linked Epic and Story issues types in projects in JIRA.

The other option would be to take a look at Portfolio for JIRA as this has some very good cross-team planning and reporting capability.

If you can only use JIRA then I think you might run into some difficulty managing the dependencies across projects and in particular reporting and rolling up things like story points to the Epics.

Suggest an answer