Managing multiple projects in multiple rapid boards

Ruban Jayathas October 24, 2013

We have a large project with multiple scrum teams working together. We have organized Jira into a number of projects based on what they do in the project example: backend, frontend etc. These projects all share dependencies meaning a feature sometimes needs to be finished on the backend before implementation can start on the frontend.

The architects have been asking for better clarity into all the projects so that they can see the big picture. I also wanted to run only 1 master sprint which would include all the sprints of the teams.

I therefore created a filter to include all the projects into 1 rapid board. However this is not practical because the number of filters required for the scrum masters to make sense is too much.

Working on separate rapid boards is what we do right now but that ends up showing us multiple sprints in the master backlog mentioned above.

Is there a way to do this more efficiently. I would ideally like to create 1 master sprint and then the scrum masters can create their own rapid boards and this sprint should show up there also.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2013

Hi Ruban,

If you update your Jira Agile version to the latest you should have the functionality you need.

In this version an issue is owned by only one sprint (acros your entire Jira instance) . This means that all your issues will be owned by the master sprint and the seperate rapid boards will only display those issues that are in their filter and will display the main master sprint.

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
Ruban Jayathas October 30, 2013

Thanks Peter. It works great now.

Suggest an answer