Managing multiple production enviornment releases

acastner January 8, 2018

We have a web site that is used by a limited group of administrators and managers. To manage user load, we have three independent production environments. Production A - Setup for Enterprise Client A. Production B - Setup for Enterprise Client B. Production C - A Multi-tenant site for smaller clients. We'll typically release to with Production A, B, or C depending on who had the most tickets in the sprint, let the release sit on that production server for a few days and then release to the other two. 

I have been using the JIRA release hub to manage releases, which seems limited.

What suggestions do people have for me to let my folks know when a particular issue is released to Production A, Production B and Production C.

2 answers

1 vote
David Berclaz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2018

Hi Alex,

We have launched Apwide Golive, a Jira App for Environment and Release Management.

In your specific case, you could define your different Environments (Dev, Test, Production A, B, C, etc.) and manage the versions deployed for each of them. You can also plan your Release activities (deployment, data refresh, UAT...) on a Timeline and manage Environment booking requests.

There are many other features and if you would like to see it in action, ping me and I will be happy to organize a demo.

Cheers,

David

1 vote
Deleted user January 11, 2018

Hi Alex,

If you are managing multiple releases across multiple team/sprints, I'd recommend using Cycle Control. You can define a release type which follows your own processes and use stages for specific hand-off between teams (which I assume is your case scenario, correct?). The app offers several types of intermediate checkpoints (e.g. quality gates, milestones, approvals, checklists) which help you coordinate deliverables between teams.

There are other features that can help streamline your release management process, but this one in particular can solve your issue.

If you need more information, ping me :)

Cheers,

Bianka  

Suggest an answer