Managing Versions and Components in JIRA Software v7.1.9

Mark Symons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2016

After upgrading my test JIRA from JIRA v6.4.13 to JIRA Software v7.1.9 I find that I am no longer able to navigate to project administration and manage either versions or components.  For instance,  the versions screen displays text:

> For software projects, JIRA allows you to track different versions,

> e.g. 1.0, 2.0. Issues can be assigned to versions.

..but nothing else except for a "merge" button.

Am I missing something really basic here?  I am system administrator and have checked permission scheme and project roles.

The versions and components are still there.  For instance, there is no problem with assigning an affects version to an issue.

JIRA Service Desk has been installed for evaluation 10 days ago, on top of JIRA Software 7.1.9.  I do not know if versions/components were working inbetween the upgrade of JIRA and the installation of JSD.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Symons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2016

The problem was nothing to do with permissions, etc.  It was caused by a defect in Conditions Validator Plugin v2.1.2 (and possibly also in v2.1.1) and has been replicated by Atlassian Support.  There were 4 affected areas that I found (and there may be more):

• Support Tools Plugin: UI displays empty, with the exception of the tabs.
  • Manage Components: No components listed. Thus, no functionality
  • Manage Versions: No components listed.  Thus, no functionality
  • Admin Audit Log: Blank. No log listed.

Disable Conditions Validator and all the problems disappear.  I have logged a call to get the defect resolved.

Suggest an answer