Managing SLAs in JIRA Software (Cloud)

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Setting up SLAs

There doesn't seem to be a way to define SLA times for each priority level and therefore, create workflows to ensure issues are resolved. A few questions:

1. Are there creative ways/solutions to accomplish this using the existing fields, features, etc.?
  2. Does Atlassian have this in their roadmap for JIRA Software (Cloud)?

For example, I'd like to define SLAs for each priority level. As an example:

P1 = 1 hour
P2 = 2 hours
P3 = 24 hours
P4 = 72 hours

When an issue (bug or task) breaches an SLA, I'd like a reminder email sent to the assignee. If the issue remains in breach after X hours, an email notification is sent to the assignee, project lead, and external email address (e.g. escalations@acme.pagerduty.com).

If the assignee changes the status (e.g. from "Needs Triage" to "In Progress"), the SLA timer resets each time the status changes. If the SLA is breached at any status, the same reminder email(s) are sent until the issue is resolved (status = done).

Thanks!

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Allen,

Almost everything that you mentioned is covered in Time to SLA Plugin.

You can define as many SLAs as you want according to priority or even you can use JQL for SLA definitions.

There is SLA notifier which notifies users (assignee, reporter, or you can set emails) when the SLA arrives time that you set (e.g. 2h before SLA Target date). You can also use your email template. 

There is an SLA Reset workflow postfunction that you can reset SLA within any transition. Also there is SLA Reset rest service so that you can reset SLA any time outside JIRA.

Tuncay Senturk

@Tuncay Senturk [Snapbytes] thanks for the reply. Unfortunately (for us), we're using JIRA Software (Cloud), so these add-ons won't work for us. Any other suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks!

Allen

I have the same question and need to add SLA to our workflow. Allen Lai, did you find a solution? We are also using JIRA Software (Cloud).

I too am seeking a SLA solution for JIRA Cloud. Tonya/Allen, were you able to get a response?

I am as well, so far it's been silence.  With more projects/companies deciding to use their platform, you think that would be taken into consideration?

I need an SLA solution for JIRA Software CLOUD! HELP!!! This was posted 2 years ago, there has to be a solution by now???!!!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

106 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you